Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A major change in my life!

I was diagnosed at the age of 14 with ovarian cysts.They caused me  a great amount of pain throughout my teenage years. Drs put me on medicine to shrink them ,but I still had a lot of issues with them.I was told that I would never be able to have children or carry them to term.That pregnancy would be dangerous for me and the baby. You see this was devastating to me because even at 14 I knew one day I wanted to get married and have kids. I was heart broken!
 I was saved at the age of 13 in a little country church in Occone County. I grew up in church, and I have seen God heal many, save the lost(such as I), and do what seemed  impossible. I knew the importance of prayer through praying parents, and am blessed because of it...I prayed that God would one day allow me to have a precious child of my own. 
As I grew up as many teens do, I thought I could do it my way. I still went to church and I still prayed but Monday through Saturday I had no time for God...I was headed down the wrong path FAST!!!  At the age of 19 I got into a relationship with a guy WAY TOO OLD for me!!!!! He was in his 30's..and also unknown to me seriously hooked on drugs. When I found out I thought my "love" and my " being a christian " could change him..WRONG!!! I spent 3 years of my life with this guy.He would hit me and rage when he didn't have money for his next "hit"  He would show up at my job and demand my paycheck.. I always heard I am sorry after each hit or smack, or busted lip... I won't do it again..but it never failed it would happen again. He had pulled me so far into his world I lost contact with my parents. But I still knew the power of prayer..I prayed , "GOD, If you will please just give me a window of time to get away from him, I will go and never look back." And HE did.This guy was arrested on a probation charge and I went home to my parents.Thank you Lord!!! Shortly after I met a man , who befriended me. I was afraid of men (excluding of course my daddy)at this point. He was so nice and gentle and he really listened when I spoke . Well this relationship went too fast and I found out I was pregnant!!! Shock to me because I thought I couldn't get pregnant. The guy said it wasn't his of course so here I am at 23 , living at home , pregnant, and afraid. I prayed for God wisdom and direction and soon I knew I could not continue down the path I was on.I refused to bring my child into that world. I got myself right back into church and rededicated my life to Jesus!! God had blessed me with my heart's desire and I wasn't going to let HIM down. I named my son Malachi , which means mesagger of God, and you know what he is ...if not for him where would I be...I got the message and got my life back on track !!!   To God be the Glory! 

No comments:

Post a Comment